Monday, March 12, 2007

Argentine Film Festival!



Some pics from the trip thus far...

I











This past weekend I went to the Mar del Plata International Film Festival this past weekend! Mar del Plata is one of the hottest vacation spots in Argentina, but peak season is over so it was a lot less touristy. I saw some great movies from around the globe, and even got a chance to meet one of the directors. Some of the movies that I saw were 'Indigenes', about North African troops in the French forces of WWII, 'Door to the Sky', about a French-Moroccan woman's coming-of-age, 'Lo que vendras', a series of short films (a compilation of horror, comedy, an awareness issues), a Brazilian film that follows a poem contructed of the names of cities in the province of Minas Gerais, entitled 'Accidente', and a German documentary that follows an ex-addict's final battle with cancer and AIDS, 'Time for Closure'. There are 5 Yalies in this program (Zena Bibler, Natalia Mann, Alex Costantini, Carina del Valle Schorske), and a little over a week ago we got back from a spectacular trip from the state of Neuquen in Patagonia. I think we all proceeded to get sick from swimming in the ice-cold lakes, but we still had a blast. The boliches (clubs) here are definitly stuck in the 80's, and mullets are ever popular.

No comments: